Systematic longitudinal seam welding requires mature, superior technology. Our ELENA series can offer you this sort of technology plus much more besides, for perfect welding seams with no start/end weld craters for instance.
High quality, productive longitudinal seam welding requires mature, superior technology. This is the only way we can protect and further our own position on the market in the face of increasingly fierce competition. Our ELENA longitudinal seam welders (a.k.a. bench type seam welders) provide unbeatable technology for welding of longitudinal seams on metallic materials. Our ELENA product range comprises several basic types and a wide selection of special solutions for the most varied application cases.
ELENA LONGITUDINAL SEAM WELDERS
- Longitudinal seams on smooth plates, sheets, pipes, tapered pipes, tank sections, housings…
- Perfect welding seams, with no start/end weld craters, uniform across the entire seam length, free of discolouration with stainless steel
- Welding methods: MIG/MAG, TIG, plasma, plasma-keyhole, microplasma, laser
- Riveting, offset seams, welding in both directions, parameter memory
- Used for: steel, stainless steel, galvanized/aluminium-plated metal, aluminium, titanium, brass, copper, lead, titanium-zinc, platinum-rhodium…
- Material thickness: 0.15 – 10 mm (depending on type)
- Siemens control with simple user guidance via touchscreen
- Mature, reliable, complete
- Versatile range of options and special solutions available
- Cold wire, dual torch setup with TIG and MAG, oscillation, AVC, welding data recording…
- Insertion aids
- Various types of feet
- Stepped mandrel for small pipe diameters
- Height adjustment, height adapter
ELENA II - FLEXIBLE BASIC MACHINE
The ELENA® type II longitudinal seam welder (bench type seam welder) is a universal machine for all electric arc welding methods with or without wire. Well over 300 of these machines have been built so far and ongoing further development guarantees a mature machine concept.
Depending on machine model and welding fittings, welding of metal thicknesses from 0.15 mm to 10 mm is possible.
- Longitudinal seam welding of pipes and tubes, sheets, strips, special parts…
- Chimney systems, ventilation systems, ducts
- Automotive exhaust gas systems, metal bellows, steering elements
- Air and space travel
- Filter pipes, sieves, wire gauze
- Kitchen and household appliances, interior linings, washing drums…
- Housings for electric motors, immersion pumps, stator housings
- Tank section and tank construction
- Welding of coil ends in punching lanes
Ferritic steel, austenitic steel and duplex steel, aluminium, copper, nickel superalloys…
- Metal thickness: 0.15 – 10 mm (depending on fittings)
- Welding methods: TIG, MIG/MAG, plasma, microplasma
ELENA III - FOR SMALL PIPE DIAMETERS
ELENA® Type III longitudinal seam welders (bench type seam welders) have a special mandrel interior clamping system for welding of long pipes with a small diameter.
Fixed-position clamping fingers combined with the special clamping system guarantee a straight seam position even at full clamping force. This ensures a constant welding arc length and therefore constant welding conditions too across the entire clamping length.
Standard series welding length from 600 – 3,100 mm (special lengths available on request).
- Long pipes with a small diameter
- Critical pipe diameters/aspect ratios:
e.g. 120 mm diameter with 2100 mm welding length
- Chimney pipes, ducts
- HVACR, plant construction, water treatment systems
- Material: Steel, rust-proof stainless steel, aluminium…
- Metal thickness: 0.2 – 1.5 mm
- Welding methods: primarily for TIG and plasma welding
ELENA IV - WELDING FROM INSIDE
ELENA® IV longitudinal seam welders (bench type seam welders) have been developed for internal welding of parts with high hygienic requirements for tank interiors. For use with welding methods TIG and microplasma. The dual-acting pneumatic cassette clamping system also allows clamping of parts with outward flanges
- Parts with high hygienic requirements for the inner surface
- Interior linings for steam cookers, baking ovens, incubators…
- Transport containers for medication, medical equipment
- Hygienic furniture
- Material: Stainless steel 1.4401, 1.4436, 1.4435 etc, copper, aluminium…
- Metal thickness: 0.5 – 2 mm
- Welding methods: TIG, microplasma
ELENA V - INDIVIDUALLY ACTUATED BENCH TYPE SEAM WELDER
Longitudinal seam welders (bench type seal welders) of the type ELENA® V have individually actuated clamping fingers. The clamping sequence of the clamping fingers can be specified individually or groupwise in the machine control.
The step-by-step process of a defined clamping sequence enables several short components to be inserted in turn, which saves time during the clamping and welding cycle. For special parts with interrupted welding sections too, type V is a good solution since the sections are clamped in turn and can be aligned with zero gap.
Series with maximum welding length from 600 – 3,100 mm.
- Short pipes in high quantities
- Special parts with recesses/welding sections
- Sleeves, oven pipes, connectors, special parts…
- Material: High-alloy steels, CrNi, S235 steel, aluminium…
- Metal thickness: 0.5 – 10 mm (depending on equipment)
- Welding methods: TIG, TIG with cold wire, MIG/MAG
ELENA VII - FOR EXTRA LARGE PARTS
Longitudinal seam welding of pipes with large diameters is a job that frequently occurs in tank and boiler construction.
A vertical welding position is ideal in such cases since, during and after welding, the boiler section already has the right orientation for subsequent work.
- Welding of parts with a large diameter
- Vertical welding direction (falling PG or rising PF)
- Tank sections, tanks, boilers, special pipes…
- Tanks section construction, plant construction, tank construction, boiler construction
- Material: steel, aluminium, stainless steel (V2A) 1.4301; (V4A) 1.4404, 1.4571 …
- Metal thickness: 1.0 – 10 mm
- Welding methods: primarily plasma-keyhole, soft plasma and TIG with cold wire or hot wire.
- With torch weaving unit
Special Solutions: Large Parts
Extra-high machine body
Insertion + Clamping Aids
Automatic gap closing unit
Matrix loading trolley
Quadratic mandrel with part supports
Open clamping mandrel for special tank sections
Contour welding machine